Friday, February 28, 2014

The Intern Adventure 11: 8th Week

Now that I am now down on my second month at work, I would like to reflect on how things are going, how I improved and the things that I learned so far.

It's getting busier at work because tax season has almost started and we are already receiving high volumes of jobs at the office. I am finally done with the other two bookkeeping jobs that I have been working on since in the past few weeks. My experience with those two bookkeeping jobs helped me improve my communication skills because I have to contact my clients for some information that I need from them. Meeting clients in person was one of my concern before, and now that I met three clients this week, I would say that I am getting more comfortable at it. Since I have worked with the books of these two companies for the few weeks, I was feeling a high sense of responsibility towards them. I know that I should, but this feeling inspired me to do my job well and to serve the clients to the best way that I can.

There are also many things that I can already do alone comfortably. I can compute and file GST returns now and I can now fix errors in the QuickBooks software easily which I find complicated before. I am also getting more familiar with Canadian Income Tax (which is one of my objectives) because I learned a lot from our office's different types of clients.

As I always say, I am really happy at A1 Accounting. I love how my bosses are so supportive, encouraging, and fun to work with and I love how they treat us, coop students, as part of their family. With this kind of people around me, I learned that the best way to get your people to do their best at work is to not let them feel that they have to. You just have to be supportive of them and recognize them for their achievements, no matter how small they are. I know that it might not apply to every organization but it helps that I have an idea on how to manage people in the future.




No comments:

Post a Comment